Checklist for Workers' Compensation Interviews (7:App F)
Law Students' Legal
Advice Program Manual.
See the full contents.
August 2021: We are currently updating the pages with the 2021 edition.
Obtain basic client information
Note WCB claim number
Determine worker’s claim status:
- a) Present benefits
- b) On what basis
- c) Pending changes
- d) Relevant decisions
- e) Pending appeals
Review worker’s claim in full detail:
- a) Date of injury
- b) Nature of injury
- c) Circumstances of injury
- d) Client’s job
- i) Remuneration
- ii) Duties - job description
- iii) Length of Employment
If claim was accepted, determine:
- a) Initial benefit rate
- b) Did benefit rate change after 10 weeks?
- i) Evidence of long-term earnings given to WCB
- ii) Client's actual work and earnings history
Any medical treatment and diagnosis
- a) Client’s position
- b) Doctor’s advice
- c) Board’s position
- a) Return to previous job
- b) Return to another job with same employer
- c) Retraining
Long-term loss of earnings?
- a) Other advisor or representatives
- b) Workers’ advisor? Trade Union? Other?
(1) The assertion of a legal right to an order or to a thing; (2) the remedy or relief sought by a party to a court proceeding.
In law, a legal incapacity to do certain things, like enter into a contract or start a court proceeding. Legal disabilities include insanity and being under the age of majority. See "age of majority."