Clicklaw Wikibooks:Books/Beginners Guide to Finding Legal Information
From Clicklaw Wikibooks
Learn more about making a custom collection.
Beginner's Guide to Finding Legal Information
A how-to for legal research and representing yourself in court in British Columbia
- Introduction to Beginner's Guide to Finding Legal Information
- Understanding the Law
- How the Law Works in Canada
- Understanding Your Legal Problem
- What Is My Legal Topic and What Are My Rights?
- Which Area of Law Does My Problem Fall Under?
- How Do I Find the Laws That Concern My Legal Problem?
- Taking Action
- Do I Need to Go to Court?
- Which Court Do I Need to Go to?
- How Do I Find Court Forms?
- How Do I Find Case Law?
- How Do I Find Out About Court Procedures?
- Where Can I Find Help with My Legal Problem?
- Using Legal Information
- Primary Sources
- Secondary Resources and How to Find Them
- How Can I Tell If a Secondary Resource Is Reliable or If I Should Use It?
- Recommended Secondary Resources