Consumer and Debt Problems
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Here are the first steps and some useful resources for people in BC facing consumer or debt-related
problems such as:
- I don't have enough money to pay my debts.
- The bank is threatening foreclosure on my home.
- A debt collector is harassing me.
- I bought a product from a door-to-door salesperson and no longer want it.
- My car broke down and the dealer won’t fix it.
|Bankruptcy costs money. The simplest will cost you about $1,800. This may seem ironic if you can’t pay the debts you already have! However, many trustees in bankruptcy offer a free initial consultation and will negotiate a payment plan you can afford. There are some debts, such as support payments, court fines and some student loans, that won’t go away after a bankruptcy.|
|Legal Help for British Columbians © Cliff Thorstenson and Courthouse Libraries BC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada Licence.|