Covid-19 Resources for British Columbians
|This information applies to British Columbia, Canada. This page was last updated by Clicklaw team on September 30, 2020 - 01:20 PM PDT.|
The Clicklaw website connects you to legal information, education and assistance for British Columbians. Use the Clicklaw HelpMap to find someone in your community who can help with legal problems.
Covid-19 Resources for British Columbians provides a directory of online resources dealing with the ways Covid19 public health directives are affecting people's lives. This wikibook is a supplement to the Clicklaw website, providing British Columbians with trusted sources of legal-related info. Includes general hotline numbers, government sources, online resources by topic, getting legal help, and court procedures.
The information provided here is a starting point and is not meant to be exhaustive. It is not intended to give legal advice on your particular legal problem.
We are updating this guide regularly, as information becomes available.
- Housing and Tenancy
- Family Law
- Businesses, Non-Profits and Consumers
- Pensions, Benefits and Welfare
- Debt, Taxes and Finances
- How Do I?
Dealing with the Legal System
Clicklaw Blog: October 2020 Events
- For the general public: free & low cost webinars helping you navigate legal issues
- For intermediaries: free or low cost professional development events for intermediaries. Also, events by organizations who help British Columbians in their interactions with the legal system.
Courthouse Libraries BC: Librarian Assistance
- Not sure how to get started in your search for legal information? Anyone in BC can email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voice message: 1-800-665-2570 (toll-free) or 604-660-2841.
- Staff are available online and by phone during business hours Monday to Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (excluding statutory holidays).
Sharing this wikibook
Need a quick way to share this? Use bit.ly/covid19bc.
Find it on Clicklaw: clicklaw.bc.ca/resource/4725.
In curating the list, our team of librarians at Courthouse Libraries BC follows Clicklaw's selection criteria.
- resources that are primarily written for members of the public and intermediaries.
- resources from Clicklaw contributor organizations
- community-specific resources, which are helpful for a community in the context of responding to the novel coronavirus disease situation.
- resources that are primarily written for members of a profession, such as lawyers or mediators. However, we may make exceptions when no similar resources are available.
Questions or feedback? Contact us at email@example.com.
|Covid-19 Resources for British Columbians © Clicklaw and Courthouse Libraries BC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada Licence.|