General Hotline Numbers & Online Resources (Covid-19)
|This information applies to British Columbia, Canada. This page was last updated by Clicklaw team on June 29, 2020 - 04:00 PM PDT. |
As of December 14, 2020, we are no longer updating this page. Please use Clicklaw to find Covid-19 information related to your legal questions.
This page provides general hotline numbers and online resources from both the provincial and federal governments.
This list is a starting point and is not meant to be exhaustive. It is not intended to give legal advice on your particular legal problem.
Government of British Columbia (Provincial)
BC Government: BC's Restart Plan
- The provincial government is taking individuals and businesses through four phases to make the province return to a "new normal". Phase 3 began on June 24th.
BC Centre for Disease Control: Covid-19 Resources
- Information about COVID-19, how to protect yourself, your family and your community and what to do if you suspect you have the virus. Includes translated content (PDF and videos).
- COVID-19 BC Support App and Self-Assessment Tool: use the self-assessment website or app first to help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19. The app also lets you receive the latest updates, trusted resources, and alerts.
- If you are unsure about what to do or have medical concerns or questions, contact HealthLinkBC (call 8-1-1) at any time or speak with your health care provider. 8-1-1 has translation services available.
BC Government: COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information
- This site contains the latest direction from the Provincial Health Officer as well as details on provincial financial help and other support & info for various sectors.
- For non-health related information and services such as childcare, travel advisories, school closures and more:
- Call toll-free 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319), 7:30am-8pm Pacific Time. Translation services in 110+ languages available.
- Text: 604-630-0300. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- Telephone for the Deaf: dial 711 (in BC).
- International: 1-604-412-0957, standard message and data rates may apply.
- The site includes translated content in the following languages: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Punjabi, French, Farsi, Arabic, Tagalog, Spanish, and Korean.
BC's Ministry of Attorney General: Response to Covid-19
- Laws & regulations: limitation periods, protection for essential services
- Justice services: Family Justice Services, Legal Aid BC
- Courts info
- Liquor and cannabis
- Emergency Orders
- Tribunals, Boards, and Commissions
Office of the Provincial Health Officer: Orders, Notices & Guidance
- A list of orders, notices, and guidance that must be followed during a Provincial State of Emergency
- Includes various industries and sectors such as industrial camps, markets, personal services, long-term care facilities, nightclubs, hotels, grocery stores, farms, mining, and more.
Government of Canada (Federal)
Public Health Agency of Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- News & updates, travel advice, responses from the federal government
Department of Justice: Response to COVID-19 Provides the latest information on legislative and other measures adopted to protect Canadians in response to the pandemic, including:
- Charter Statements
- Orders and Regulations
|Covid-19 Resources for British Columbians © Clicklaw and Courthouse Libraries BC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada Licence.|