Talk:Changing Family Law Agreements

From Clicklaw Wikibooks

This sentence was changed and now reads:

Since the court doesn't have the power to vary an agreement, the best the court can do is to cancel the part of the agreement that has to change and then make an order in place of the part that was cancelled.

the copy said "cancel the part of the order that has to change"

It's at the end of the para, Changing agreements by agreement

Gayla Reid (talk) 19:23, 30 April 2013 (PDT)

A mandatory direction of the court that is binding and enforceable upon the parties to a court proceeding. An "interim order" is a temporary order made following the hearing of an interim application. A "final order" is a permanent order, made following the trial of the court proceeding or the parties' settlement, following which the only recourse open to a dissatisfied party is to appeal. Failing to abide by the terms of an order may constitute contempt of court. See "appeal," "consent order," "contempt of court," "decision" and "declaration."

Personal tools