Glossary for Child Protection in BC
From Clicklaw Wikibooks
- An agreement, usually in writing, which two or more people use to record their settlement of legal issues, such as child support.
- To cause somebody to change his or her previously friendly or supportive attitude and become unfriendly, unsympathetic, or hostile.
- Child support
- A cash payment from the payor to the recipient to satisfy the payor’s duty to pay child support. The amount of child support to be paid is determined by the Child Support Guidelines, an agreement on child support and/or an order on child support.
- To fail to give the proper or required care and attention to somebody or something.
- A direction of a judge to do something or not do something, such as an order that someone pay child support.
- Steady and not liable to change.
|This information applies to British Columbia, Canada. Last reviewed for legal accuracy by People's Law School, 2014.|
|Basics of Child Support in BC © People's Law School is, except for the images, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 Canada Licence.|