Glossary for Paying Taxes in BC
From Clicklaw Wikibooks
- Canada Child Tax Benefit, or CCTB, is a payment for families who need help with the cost of raising children under age 18.
- Canadian Revenue Agency is the federal government office in charge of all income tax.
- An amount of money.
- Something taken away.
- To put off to a future time.
- An amount of money invested in something for the purpose of making a profit.
- net earnings
- The amount of income after deductions.
- Notice of Assessment
- A document issued by CRA that summarizes your tax filing including taxes paid or taxes owing.
- To get money back.
- A Registered Retirement Saving Plan defers taxes.
- tax year
- January 1 to December 31.
|This information applies to British Columbia, Canada. Last reviewed for legal accuracy by People's Law School, 2014.|
|Paying Taxes in BC © People's Law School is, except for the images, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Licence.|