Registration of Divorce Proceedings (Form)

From Clicklaw Wikibooks
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Registration of Divorce Proceedings form must be completed and filed with the BC Supreme Court registry at the time a divorce proceeding is commenced. In October 2013, British Columbia Supreme Court registries changed their practice of completing these forms for people. You now have to complete the form yourself, and the registry will send the paperwork to the Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings in Ottawa.

Where to find this form and any examples

The form can be found online through the Department of Justice, or by clicking on the PDF link below:

Number Name Blank
Other Resources
JUS 280 Registration of Divorce Proceedings (Form) PDF

How to use this form

The page How Do I Get Divorced? in JP Boyd on Family Law provides more information on the procedure for filing for divorce.

See also

External links