Chapter Five Resources and Appendix in Legal Issues in Residential Care
Family/Resident Councils - Guidelines
(1) For more information about developing and implementing a resident or family council, see:
- Guidelines for the Development of Resident or Family Councils. Online:
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/accessing-health-care/home-community-care/accountability/family-and-resident-councils The Guideline can be downloaded from this page. (Last accessed January 9, 2016)
- Vancouver Island Health Authority. (2013). Resident/Family Council or Family Support Group Guide. Online : http://www.viha.ca/NR/rdonlyres/76A64C84-5658-4496-9D0D-D13DB92CB5B8/0/resfamilycouncil_fam_support_grp_guide.pdf (Last accessed January 9, 2016)
- Interior Health.(2014). Family Council Resource Guide. Online: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/YourCare/HousingHealth/ResidentialCare/Documents/Family%20Council%20Resource%20Guide%20-%20821066.pdf
(Last accessed January 9, 2016)
Patient Care Quality Offices
For individual health authorities:
Fraser Health Authority
Contact the Patient Care Quality Office. Complaints can be made verbally, in person, by phone or in writing.
Patient Care Quality Office Fraser Health 11762 Laity St, 4th floor Maple Ridge, BC V2X 5A3
Tel: 1-877-880-8823 Fax: 604-463-1888 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
Online: http://www.fraserhealth.ca/your-stay/submit-feedback-about-your-care/patient-care-quality-office/ (Last accessed January 9, 2016).
Interior Health Authority
Interior Health Patient Care Quality Office 220 - 1815 Kirschner Road Kelowna, BC V1Y 4N7 Phone: 250-870-4669 Toll Free Number: 1-877-IHA-2001 (1-877-442-2001) Fax: 250-870-4670 E-mail: Contact us by email
Office hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm PST; Monday-Friday, excluding statutory holidays http://www.interiorhealth.ca/YourCare/PatientCareQualityOffice/Pages/default.aspx
Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
Patient Care Quality Office Vancouver Coastal Health and Providence Health Care Room CP-380 – 855 West 12th Avenue Vancouver, BC V5Z 1M9 Tel: 1.877.993.9199 Fax: 604.875.5545 Email: email@example.com
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The office is closed on statutory holidays.
Vancouver Island Health Authority
Northern Health Authority
British Columbia Ministry of Health. Guide to the Mental Health Act, 2005 www.health.gov.bc.ca/library/publications/year/2005/MentalHealthGuide.pdf
- Guidelines for the Development of Resident or Family Councils, a Community Care. Ministry of Health. January 2011. Online : http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/accessing-health-care/home-community-care/accountability/family-and-resident-councils. The Guideline can be downloaded from this page. (Last accessed January 9, 2016)
|This information applies to British Columbia, Canada. Last reviewed for legal accuracy by BC Centre for Elder Advocacy and Support, June 2014.|
Short for the Child Support Guidelines, a regulation to the federal Divorce Act, adopted by each province and territory except Quebec, that sets the amount of child support a parent or guardian must pay based on the person's income and the number of children involved.