Tools for creating images
There are many tools and methods to create images. If a resource is available in digital format, as are most resources on Clicklaw, then one of the easiest ways to create an image is to capture an image of what is on a computer screen – be it the front cover of a PDF booklet, a portion of a web page, or a still from a video – and save the screen capture to your computer.
Image tools can help with...
- taking a capture of a screen on your computer,
- allowing you to crop the image as you would like it to be viewed on Clicklaw, and
- saving the image in JPEG or PNG format.
- Snipping Tool (available in Windows 7)
- FastStone Image Viewer (for Windows XP only): http://www.faststone.org
- IrfanView (for Windows XP/Vista): http://www.irfanview.com
These tools are free to use with no limitations and have been tested by the Clicklaw team. You can read about how to use them by reading the documentation on their respective websites.