Human Rights Resources (22:IV)
|This information applies to British Columbia, Canada. Last reviewed for legal accuracy by the Law Students' Legal Advice Program on July 02, 2019.|
BC Human Rights Clinic
• Operated by CLAS
• Short service clinic has appointments for a 30 minute appointment with a human rights lawyer/advocate.
• Legal services program provides summary advice, legal assistance, or representation to complainants who apply for representation and qualify for assistance.
• You should apply within 30 days of the Tribunal accepting the complaint for filing.
Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Administers the Canadian Human Rights Act
- Ensures compliance with the Employment Equity Act
- Information about how to make a formal complaint
BC Human Rights Tribunal
Deals with human rights complaints that arise in British Columbia and are covered by the Human Rights Code
BC Civil Liberties Association
Telephone: 604-630-4986 Website: bccla.org
• Assists the general public complaints against police officers and infringements on freedom of speech
• Provides a Legal Advocate Support Line which can provide legal information, referrals, and consultations for legal advocates working with clients facing civil liberties infringements
|© Copyright 2020, The Greater Vancouver Law Students' Legal Advice Society.|