Human Rights Resources (23:IV)
|This information applies to British Columbia, Canada. Last reviewed for legal accuracy by the Law Students' Legal Advice Program on August 1, 2023.|
BC Human Rights Clinic
Telephone: 604-622-1100 Toll-Free: 1-855-685-6222 Website: https://www.bchrc.net
- Operated by CLAS
- Short service clinic has 30 minute appointments with a human rights lawyer/advocate.
- Legal services program provides summary advice, legal assistance, or representation to complainants who apply for representation and qualify for assistance.
- You should apply within 30 days of the Tribunal accepting the complaint for filing.
Canadian Human Rights Commission
Toll-Free: 1-888-214-1090 Website: https://www.chrc-ccdp.gc.ca/en
- Administers the Canadian Human Rights Act
- Ensures compliance with the Employment Equity Act
- Information about how to make a formal complaint regarding a business or organization regulated by the federal government.
BC Human Rights Tribunal
Telephone: 604-775-2000 Toll-Free: 1-888-440-8844 Website: http://www.bchrt.bc.ca/
- Deals with human rights complaints that arise in British Columbia and are covered by the Human Rights Code
BC Civil Liberties Association
Telephone: 604-687-2919 Website: http://www.bccla.org/
- Assists the general public complaints against police officers and infringements on freedom of speech
- Provides a Legal Advocate Support Line which can provide legal information, referrals, and consultations for legal advocates working with clients facing civil liberties infringements
|© Copyright 2023, The Greater Vancouver Law Students' Legal Advice Society.|